Pages

Monday, December 31, 2007

mozilla-addons-and-me

"HOW CAN I IMPROVE MOZILLA FIREFOX?"

I am developing an add-on "ASK THE DOCTOR" for Mozilla Firefox. "ASK THE DOCTOR" gives contextual medical info enriched with pictures + PLUS personalized expert medical opinion from me in the subject of my specialty.
I am confident that medical health professionals from other specialties will also join "ASK THE DOCTOR".
"HOW CAN MOZILLA FIREFOX IMPROVE?" _ _ _ read the complete post

I must confess that in order to move fast in developing "ASK THE DOCTOR" I need help from web tech professionals. I am completing 3 years of learning web tech. I am okay with the basics, but my wife will not allow me to stay awake overnight to learn web technology to produce seamlessly functioning ASK THE DOCTOR add on. Hence, it is imperative that I have some help from web tech people. Whether it is desktop or on mobile having "ASK THE DOCTOR" is having a doctor with you 24 x 7.

If web tech people give their expertise and precious time to open source projects, why can doctors not do it?

Earning Money-Win-Win situation
I know that children [I mean those at the grass root level] of developing countries can grow in web technology, so as to complement the market demands by providing their expertise. Both the demands of the market and need of the country folks are tied in a win win situation. For this developing countries have to embrace open source project, and grow with them in the World Wide Web. Buying original branded software is beyond the means of the MAJORITY (mind boggling billions) in the developing countries. Besides, IMPORTANT for me is not be stigmatized as software pirate of any MNC.

Can you help me getting Ubuntu live CD and installation CD? Wrong place to ask. I know.
Canonical had shipped me live CD. I got three, but none worked with my windows XP Professional SP II.

I would like to move away from Microsoft because I do not like to steal.

I wish to benefit from and enrich the open source project.
That is where my heart is.

Let us grow in mobile software, fast.
Thanks
Best regards,
Dr. Ashok Koparday
MBBS, FC SEPI
Medical Director
Samadhan India
Center for Therapy, Education, Research in
Sex, Marriage, Relationships

Ex. Teaching Faculty
Seth G. S. Medical College and K. E. M. Hospital and
Grant Medical College and Sir J. J. Group of Hospitals
University of Mumbai, India

Member: Indian Medical Association
Maharashtra Medical Council Registration
Member: Family Planning Association of India
Fellow: Council of Sex Education and Parenthood [International]
http://mysexdoctor.blogspot.com _ _ _ _ _sex matters



On Fast Track
with
Dr. Ashok Koparday
.

No comments:

SEXUAL HEALTH EDUCATION

SEXUAL HEALTH EDUCATION
Free Ask Sexologist